Thursday, April 15, 2010

quilt software

The absolute best quilting software is EQ6. It is put out by the Electric Quilt company. http://www.electricquilt.com The first software I bought from them was EQ3 the EQ4 then EQ5. After the first one I would then buy the upgrade for the newest one. I love designing quilts and this software makes it so much easier then trying to draw it on graph paper. There are also some books to help you work through the EQ software. I even have a group where you post questions about EQ5 or EQ6. If you're interested just let me know and I'll send you the link.



There are many different quilting software programs on the market. You can do a google search using the words: quilting software I think you'll be surprised at what all you can find.



A blanket is made up of a solid piece of fabric. A quilt is made up of many pieces of fabric that has been cut up into smaller pieces then all sewed back together again. If I knew how much you were wanting to spend on the present I'd have a better idea as to what to recommend for you to buy. Does the person you're buying the present for design their own quilts? or are they happy just finding patterns to use? There is another program put out by Electric Quilt Co, called Block Base. I highly recommend it to everyone. It has patterns for thousands of quilt blocks that can be printed out in any size that they choose. Then later if they buy EQ6 they can use the Block Base program with the EQ6 program. It's great how Electric Quilt has made it so that most of their programs works with EQ6. I don't work for EQ or get any kind of payment from them for telling others how fabulous their products are. I'm a very satisfied customer that has used their programs for several years now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment